Jefferson Kay Audition Tape and Promotional Flyer

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 13:29:42 EDT 2008

> On 6/26/08, Cdsull502@aol.com <Cdsull502@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> While surfing the net, I found this rather remarkable link on the
>> excellent
>> WKBW tribute web site. It appears to be an audition tape prepared by
>> Jeff
>> Kaye when he was at WBZ.  Also included is a brochure detailing his
>> background
>> and broadcasting experience prior to his coming to  WBZ.

While WKBW offerred Jeff Kaye a lot more opportunities...I'm surprised
someone be looking to leave WBZ and go to Buffalo.

Evenings at WKBW was considered a "step up" from overnights on WBZ?

> He made an
>> amazing
>> jump from two small RI radio stations  to the big time in Boston.

Although his "pitch book" names WHIM as the "number one station in the
area".

Isn't that a stretch?  Wasn't WHIM always a daytimer?

Hard to ignore WPRO and WJAR, isn't it?