RIP George Carlin

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Jun 25 09:13:37 EDT 2008

I believe it was also Henry Morgan who did the famous forecast, "High
winds, followed by high skirts, follwed by me." This was in the days
of the much more famous Marilyn Monroe photo. Today, Morgan's quip
would probably be decried as sexist and certainly politically
incorrect. In the '50s, when he said it, I think it was just
considered droll.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@mail.com>
To: "Rick Kelly" <rickkelly@gmail.com>; "Kevin Vahey"
<kvahey@comcast.net>
Cc: "\\(newsgroup\\) Boston-Radio-Interest"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: RIP George Carlin

I'm reminded of another great comedian noted for his irreverence:
Henry Morgan.
He too made fun of the presentation of the weather in media with this
line:
"Today MUGGY, followed bt TUEGGY, WEGGY and THURGY".
I still get laughs when I use this line (without attribution)

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com