digital converter box -- surprising performance

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 15 15:39:45 EDT 2008

>>>I'd consider it, but I don't like the fact that they
>insist on disconnecting copper POTS lines to subscribers.<<
>
>They do no such thing.  I know a number of people with Verizon FiOS, and
>all report that you can easily and without any hassle request that you
>keep your copper POTS connection.

Do any of the people you know who have FiOS live in a multi-unit
building?

We had some people from Verizon make a presentation about FiOS in
our building (it hasn't been installed yet, but they're working on
it), and they said that units that subscribed to FiOS would be having
the copper lines pulled out as part of the fiber being pulled in;
there's not enough room in the conduits for both.  It certainly
wouldn't be an issue for a house, but it is one here.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu