digital converter box -- surprising performance

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Jun 15 14:02:07 EDT 2008

>>Just what is it that Comcast is doing?  So far in Brookine, I haven't
noticed much change.<<

Slowly eating away at the analog cable offerings.  Here in Stoneham, I've already lost GSN, CSPAN2, and a few sports channels.  As of July 15th, we're losing CN8, TruTV, MSNBC, the various religious programming on cable channel 56 (Boston Catholic TV, Eternal Word Television Network, etc.) and Hallmark Channel.  All of those channels are available on the digital service.  Given everything I've been reading about this, the trend will be accelerating.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF/WEEI/WEEI-FM/WKAF/WMKK/WRKO/WVEI/WVEI-FM
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040