digital converter box -- surprising performance

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jun 15 00:16:50 EDT 2008

On 14 Jun 2008 at 20:34, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Forcing millions to rent a box will be a nice piece of change for the
> cable companies. Cable is losing the batle in the burbs where people
> who have a clear view to the bird grab a dish. Many of those customers
> are also turning to Fios for internet and or cable.

Just what is it that Comcast is doing?  So far in Brookine, I haven't
noticed much change.

> Still cable will rule for a few more years in cities where apartment
> dwellers have no choice but cable. Verizon admits they still can not
> deliver Fios to mult-dwellings at this time which is why they have not
> applied in places like Boston and Cambridge.

Oh, THAT's the reason!  I had heard that Verizon hadn't applied in
Brookline, and I was wondering why.  But why can't they deliver Fios
to multi-dwellings?