Laura - you guys were right

Keating Willcox kwillcox@wnsh.com
Tue Jun 10 08:34:05 EDT 2008

What’s up with Laura Ingraham?
Affiliates are noticing that she’s been absent
from the mic for the last week, and that her
contract with Talk Radio Network is supposedly up
in July. I hear TRN’s Mark Masters – who happily
signed Ingraham when she left Westwood and gave
her a better daypart – has put a new contract in
her hands. But has she signed it? And if she
hasn’t, is TRN using a common management tactic
by keeping her away from the studio until she
does, as a negotiating ploy? Her unsigned status
leads to rumors that Ingraham too might be
thinking about joining a new syndication unit
that would include Sean Hannity and perhaps
others. (Don’t count out Fox in all the
speculation about Hannity, by the way.) Whatever
the truth – and I think the situation is
day-to-day fluid – the timing sure is
interesting. Laura’s website carries this
statement: “Due to contractual obligations, for
the present time I am unable to reveal why I am
not currently hosting The Laura Ingraham Show.
Rest assured, this absence is not of my choosing,
nor is it health or family-related. I am ready,
willing and eager to continue the conversation we
started seven years ago about politics and the
culture. Heck, if cancer couldn’t keep me off the
airwaves for long, nothing will.” She also lists
the email and direct phone number of TRN’s
management – doing a little negotiating of her own.

from Taylor on Radio-Info from Radio-Info.com

Sincerely,

Keating Willcox ~/~

WNSH AM 1570 Beverly
Women's Talk Radio