WMEX is Gone

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jun 3 09:52:18 EDT 2008

<<On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 02:45:09 -0400, "Don A" <donald_astelle@yahoo.com> said:

[not sure who is being quoted here... please do a better job of
keeping track of attributions:]
>>> While we can lament the format change of another station to religious
>>> programming there is no getting around the fact that it is highly
>>> profitable for the license holder.

> I believe this is an oft-repeated fallacy.

> I have known people who have worked for Salem and other religious outlets.

> Many of them know how tough it is to make their stations work.

Commercial religion and non-commercial religion are two *very*
different kinds of operations.  Companies like Salem are having their
lunches eaten by non-comms these days.  If you're already sending EMF
the "suggested" $40 a month, you're not likely to have a lot more to
give to the preachers who buy time on commercial stations.  (Indeed, I
suspect the typical EMF donor doesn't listen to any other religious
stations.)

-GAWollman