so, what is "radio" good for?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 23:41:57 EDT 2008

I think there will always be a place for a local full service news
outlet like WBZ which is just so established. Virtually everyone I
know has BZ as a preset in the car.

WEEI is also successful because it is local.

That said it is amazing that Julie and Jason haven't figured that out
with WRKO. I would wager that Howie's numbers would jump if they
dumped the limited syndication and just focused on Boston. I have no
idea how Howie does in Burlington ( and I think he is on an hour delay
there ) but why sacrifice listeners in Boston so Howie can have 100
listeners in Montreal?

I listen to WRKO ONLY when they carry the Sox now. The station is
simply unlistenable.