Oldies

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 11:28:10 EDT 2008

I guess I'm rather unusual in terms of musical taste.  I'm 48 and I love the original rock and roll from the FIRST quarter-century of rock (1954-1979).  I can't say that I really listen to stations like WJMN, WPRO-FM or WXKS-FM.  It all sounds the same to me. Same beat, same rap.... whatever. While in college (late 70's early 80's), I enjoyed the current rock material of the time on WAAF, WCCC-FM and WCOZ (before Sebastian). And yes, I hated disco.

About the best description of my musical taste would be the first format of WKKT/WZLX "Classic Hits 100.7" back in '85.  It was a perfect blend of the 60's and 70's and a little bit of the late 50's.  Kinda like the soundtrack of "The Big Chill", with a little bit of retro.

There is still an audience for the pre-1964 material.  That's why smaller stations like WARE/1250 and WXRB/95.1 are there to serve the niche for those who like the original rock and roll.  Hopefully, WODS will finally put their pre-Beatles format on the HD2 as well.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

"Scanning the bands since 1967"
    radiojunkie3@yahoo.com