could I get an opinion?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Jul 27 16:18:06 EDT 2008

>Brian suggested--
>
>Unless, of course, he was a campaign shill.  Personal views
>aside, ANY candidate is surrounded by handlers who set up his every move.
>Very little that happens under the scrutiny of the all-seeing press corp eye
>is not scripted from Bill & Hillary's famous walk along Normandy Beach to
>Obama's prayers.  This is not a partisan issue, it happens on both sides of
>the aisle.

Umm, by all accounts this was an ultra-Orthodox student from a
Hasidic seminary. (You asked what made him a "rabbinical student" and
the answer is, he was studying at a seminary that trains
ultra-Orthodox rabbis.)  What a cynical person you are, sir!   Even
the Israeli media said he was not in any way a partisan from either
side.  And even in the most "scripted" campaigns, the unexpected
really CAN (and does) occur.

But you are speaking to my point here-- is there nothing that is
considered "sacred" any more?  Are we so eager to get any scoop that
how we got it doesn't matter?