could I get an opinion?

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Jul 27 12:46:18 EDT 2008

At 11:13 AM 7/27/2008, Dan Billings wrote:
>Obama, like any politician who makes such a trip, did it for media
>coverage. Though I find the printing of the prayer to be tasteless,
>isn't it tasteless for a politician to use a religious experience
>for political gain?

Umm, I don't wanna take this list into politics (again) but Dan,
every politician does things for political gain.  And in this case,
we have NO evidence that Obama was praying just for the
cameras.  Those prayers are supposed to be private, and since he has
both a pastor and a rabbi (true) in his family, we have no evidence
that his desire to pray wasn't sincere.  Let's keep dislike for the
candidate out of the question-- as I said, if I got a McCain prayer
from somebody at the Wall, I'd feel just as conflicted about
reporting it or broadcasting the contents.