Slow clock in the Fenway press box?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jul 26 18:49:36 EDT 2008

The last couple of nights, I've noticed the legal-ID break on the Red
Sox net running very, very late.  Today, the 6 pm break didn't happen
until 6:12!  While section 73.1201 does allow some flexibility in
scheduling the ID around live events, the closest "natural break in
program material" to the hour would occur no later than the first
commercial break after the hour -- on today's game there was an entire
inning of baseball and two stop sets before they bothered to run the
legal.  If you have the time to run a :90 commercial break, you have
time to run a :02 legal ID.  If I were the FCC, I'd send Entercom a
sharply-worded letter.  I didn't hear an ID on the Spanish network,
either (now heard on WWDJ-1150), but there's no guarantee that I'd
actually recognize it if I did.

-GAWollman