Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc. etc. etc)

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Wed Jul 23 09:40:13 EDT 2008

Just as most people who call them selves "pro-Choice" are not...

They're anti-choice on school funding options, they're anti-choice on open
shop laws!

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
A. Joseph Ross
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:57 AM
To: Don A
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr,etc.
etc. etc)

On 22 Jul 2008 at 11:47, Don A wrote:

> Another example is when they cover a protest by a Pro-Life group (Mass
> Citizens for life, who want to stop abortion, death penaly,
> euthanasia)....they are often referred to as "anti-abortion".

They should get it right, but in this case, this is probably because
there are plenty of groups and individuals who call themselves "pro
life," but. while anti-abortion, are in favor of the death penalty
and the Iraq war.  I would even venture to say that most people who
call themselves "pro life" are not.