[Fwd: Re: Why Talk Radio is largely conservative - (Was: Howie Carr, etc. etc. etc)]

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:13:37 EDT 2008

Donna Halper wrote:

> The media are corporate, and they follow whatever stories they think
> will make them some money.

If that is true, and it does seem to flow easily through my keyclicks,
too, doesn't that work both ways?

Could you suggest data that we could study in this regard? I'm not at
all doubting your hypothesis; I'd just like to view the baseline data
and examine the data sources.

> (Oh and more than 40% of NPR listeners are identifiably Republican,
> btw.)

If I've learned anything over the past 18 months or so (whenever this
crazy presidential election season hatched) it's that political party
titles are about as reliable as the words, "Assembled in America."

When the GOP puts up the one candidate, McCain, who is keeping the far
right radio talkers up all night in the fetal position with their thumbs
in their mouths, then liberals' concerns pale in comparison.  Unless, of
course, you factor those lights burning late into the night at the
Romney offices.

Bill O'Neill