UNS: Talk shows: Dan Rea etc.

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Jul 21 13:51:11 EDT 2008

<<On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:16:46 -0400, "Mark Casey" <map@mapinternet.com> said:

> Not to diminish the others before him in the same slot on WBZ, but Dan Rea
> does an excellent show. I can listen to him every night and it's not stale
> or repetitive, but intelligent and gets various points of view out.

I've never found Rea's show to be particularly interesting; when I
listen to the 7:55 tease it's rarely something I want to hear any more
blather about.  And his producer seems to choose the most idiotic
sound-bites available when putting the promos together, which honestly
does not motivate me to listen.  (When Sully was still among the
living, I noticed the same thing with his promos.  Brudnoy's promos,
in my memory at least, did not make him sound like a narrow-minded
twit.)

I used to like John Keller, but the last few times I've heard his AM
drive segment, he has just seethed with contempt for anything and
anyone involved with the government.  Not very entertaining to me.  I
don't live in a black-and-white world, thank Ghu.  (Keller often gets
his "facts" wrong as well.)

I like Steve LeVeille, but his show is much lighter in tone and has a
very different sort of audience; he would have to do a very different
sort of show in any other time slot and I'm not sure how well he'd
actually do.

-GAWollman