Howie Carr elected to Radio Hall of Fame

Steve Cloutier cloutier@piesky.com
Sat Jul 19 09:06:35 EDT 2008

At 02:20 AM 7/19/2008 -0400, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>On 18 Jul 2008 at 13:14, Steve Cloutier wrote:
>
> > The biggest example of this was John Depetro, who was canned after
> > some remarks about one of the candidates running for governer.  Even
> > the candidate did not care about the remarks, but apparently someone
> > at Entercom did !  Too bad, too - Depetro was, well - shall I say -
> > "interesting"??
>
>Gee, Howie might have tried that.  If they fire him, he doesn't have
>to work there anymore.  ;->

Think about that :-)  Howie could EASILY get himself fired and not have to
work, but he doesn't !!  I'd say that's the mark of a true professional and
one of many reasons he was inducted into the  Radio Hall of Fame ! ? !

Although I don't really want to think about it, actually.  Howie is head
and shoulders above everything else on WRKO.  I'd say WRKOs best lineup was
when Peter Blute did the mornings, (although I did like Pat and Marjorie
when they were there!!!).  Depetro did the mid-day and of course Howie in
the afternoon.  I don't listen to Rush.

At least I can still get Peter Blute over WCRN if I want something
interesting in the morning....

WRKO's morning lineup is absolutely pathetic now.  Unbelievable !!!

Oh well :-)

Regards,

Steve