Felger leaving ESPN Boston

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 00:17:21 EDT 2008

WCRN 830 solved the biggest hole the Red Sox radio network had at
night for years which were the communities along the 495 belt.

I have a friend who is retired and lives in a senior citizen complex
near Harvard Sq. He is a sports junkie and does listen to ESPN radio.
I tried everything I knew to get him reception of 890 at night and
finally had him get XM. By comparison 830 comes in fine.

WAMG's problems at night is similar to the
Polish station in Chicago on 1030 as the clear channels in both cases
just overpowers the newly created night signal in both markets.