Felger leaving ESPN Boston

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun Jul 13 23:46:30 EDT 2008

<<On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:23:31 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> signal (went on the air less than 20 years ago, I believe), 890 has
> deficiencies that are more pronounced than those of the 60- and 70+
> year-old signals.

But 830's signal is far, far better over more of the market than
890's, except in the immediate vicinity of Needham on radios with poor
second-adjacent rejection.  830's licensed NIF is 10.289 mV/m, but
with CFJR gone it should be about 6, and in practice I don't think the
ten microvolts WCCO puts over this area have any meaningful impact on
the WCRN signal, so their actual NIF is probably closer to 3.  WCRN's
5 covers Framingham; the 2.5 should land somewhere in Newton, and is
quite listenable on the Turnpike at night.  If Carberry wanted to sell
(and there's no evidence that he does), Entercom would be crazy not to
snap it up, as it is almost perfectly complementary to both of their
current AMs.  (They'd presumably want to dump 1440 in exchange.)

-GAWollman