Felger leaving ESPN Boston

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 14:47:30 EDT 2008

Kevin Vahey <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
> The 890 day signal in Cambridge is listenable but not as strong as
> you
> would suggest Dan.
> The nightime signal IS unlistenable as I have tried on many
> occassions
> and WLS just is too strong.

But how many people listen to 890 on a home radio? I'm presuming you
listen on a home radio, Kevin, because I never have an issue hearing
890 in the car -- south of Boston, west of Boston (of course), north of
Boston, in Boston proper. I'd guess most of the people (me and maybe 12
others?) listening to 890/1400 either are in their cars or listening
online.

As someone else mentioned, Felger is a perfect hire for WEEI's Web site
rollout: versatility in a number of mediums, and not just a reporter
who's OK on the radio -- he's a pretty good interviewer, IMO.