WNTN in Auburndale

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Thu Jan 31 20:00:17 EST 2008

We do have village districts in NH, but they are not "incorporated" in the
sense of being a separate political subdivision.

In my town, we had an East Derry Village District for Fire Protection, but
all other services were through the Town of Derry. The voters chose to
dissolve the district in 2005.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: Garrett Wollman [mailto:wollman@bimajority.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:33 PM
To: paul@derrynh.net
Cc: boston-radio-interest@BostonRadio.org
Subject: RE: WNTN in Auburndale

<<On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 03:05:34 -0500, "Paul Hopfgarten" <paul@derrynh.net>
said:

> Some villages even become major destination names (EG: The I-89 North exit
> off I-93 in Concord lists White River Jct, VT as a desitination, while WRJ
> is actually only a village of the town of Hartford VT.)

Actually, it's more than just a village, it's a Village.  (Or at least
it was when I lived in Vermont.)  Unlike most of the other New England
states, but like New York and Connecticut, Vermont has incorporated
villages, and White River Junction was one of those.  (Which is how
you could get stations licensed to both Hartford and WRJ, for example,
even though for most purposes these are the same place.)  In
Connecticut, the "village" level of government is called a borough.

-GAWollman