WEZE "Window"

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 21:59:45 EST 2008

Bill O'Neill wrote:

 And we're confident that Scott can recall many a view
> from the studio window at WCAP overlooking "the alley."  Not far from "the
> ladies' entrance" of Cappy's Copper Kettle, and before they would install
> a chain link gate, the alley "sounds" made for great background noise to
> many a stop-set, replete with the sound of breaking beer bottles, 'social
> gatherings' and mating cats.

   Bill, did you ever play "Stray Cat Strut" while all that commotion was
going on in the alley? <g>. I'm almost certain there are still alley sounds
occasionally happening behind the "Lowell Museum of Broadcasting" (a/k/a
WCAP) but thanks to night and overnight automation, the listeners at home no
longer get to hear them under Clark Smidt's or Dick Summer's liners.

Mark Watson