Advertising (NOT) On Minority Stations

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:50:17 EST 2008

Roger Kirk wrote:
> ... FCC can prevent advertising contracts that dictate no Urban or
> Hispanic-aimed radio stations be bought when exercising an advertising
> plan. <snip> I find it curious that a company would be compelled to
> advertise their product to an indifferent, unwilling or hostile audience.
I would imagine that they figure that even those of the urban culture
would occasion to run out and buy Metamucil, scooter-chairs, Dentu-grip,
Best of Johnny Mathis CDs, and Depends.  They're looking out for us
all.  Gotta run - the local Kiss-FM is giving away free clappers and
back scratchers that double as a tub brush.

Bill O'Neill