WNTN in Auburndale

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Jan 30 11:39:00 EST 2008

Auburndale is part of Newton. Almost certainly, it was once an
independent town as was (I assume) Nonantum (OK, Nonantum may be a
section of Watertown rather than Newton; I'm not sure) and probably
all of the other named sections of Newton. Kind of the same idea as
Readville in Boston. Readville may even be more curious. Isn't
Readville considered to be part of Hyde Park, which in turn is part of
Boston?

I'm reminded of the old rhyme:
Dogs have fleas on their backs to bite 'em,
and the fleas have little fleas,
and so on, ad infinitum.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nickolas Noseworthy" <ncn86@hotmail.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:35 AM
Subject: WNTN in Auburndale

When I first applied for a posistion at WNTN 1550 in Newton MA, I was
very confused when the station personal kept telling me the station
was in Auburndale. Everywhere else said it was Newton. "No, the
station is in both towns" they would say. Very, very confusing. Some
of the earliest literature sent to the station was labeled to
Auburndale, but a majority of the mail today is labeled to Newton. The
station is licensed to Newton, as said in the Top Hour ID. But where
they originally licensed to Auburndale when they went on the air in
1968?
-Nick Noseworthy
Merrimack NH