WEZE, WCOP and NBC

Tim Coco tcoco@whav.net
Tue Jan 29 22:56:58 EST 2008

Wow! You really do have radio history at your fingertips.  Thank you!

Tim Coco
President & General Manager
WHAV

189 Ward Hill Avenue
Ward Hill, MA 01835-6973
Telephone: (978) 374-2111
Fax: (978) 521-4636
www.whav.net
"WHAV" and "WHAV.NET" are registered service marks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Halper [mailto:dlh@donnahalper.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:52 PM
To: tcoco@whav.net; boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: RE: WEZE, WCOP and NBC

At 10:03 PM 1/29/2008, Tim Coco wrote:
>Speaking of WEZE...I used to work with Earl Gynan at WHAV during the
>late 1970s. He told me IIRC that he previously was "Mr. Midnight" at
>WEZE and worked in a studio with a large window at street level.  My
>memory eludes me, but does anyone recall Earl Gynan or "Mr. Midnight?"

Gynan got his start on the old WEEI in the early 40s, when then-PD Arthur
Edes started a radio school train (men) announcers-- no women allowed, btw.
After being trained, he got hired at the old WLAW in Lawrence.  He also
worked for another long defunct station, WVDA in the early 50s, back when it
was owned by Vic Diehm.  he stayed on when it became WEZE circa 1957.  He
died in 1986, and I believe that
has not changed...