WEZE, WCOP and NBC

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Jan 29 22:51:50 EST 2008

At 10:03 PM 1/29/2008, Tim Coco wrote:
>Speaking of WEZE...I used to work with Earl Gynan at WHAV during the late
>1970s. He told me IIRC that he previously was "Mr. Midnight" at WEZE and
>worked in a studio with a large window at street level.  My memory eludes
>me, but does anyone recall Earl Gynan or "Mr. Midnight?"

Gynan got his start on the old WEEI in the early 40s, when then-PD
Arthur Edes started a radio school train (men) announcers-- no women
allowed, btw.  After being trained, he got hired at the old WLAW in
Lawrence.  He also worked for another long defunct station, WVDA in
the early 50s, back when it was owned by Vic Diehm.  he stayed on
when it became WEZE circa 1957.  He died in 1986, and I believe that
has not changed...