[Fwd: 16:9 Aspect Ratio]

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Fri Jan 25 08:04:24 EST 2008

> That doesn't necessarily imply *listening* to four things at once, just
> monitoring them to the point of determining which one requires immediate
> attention.

Agreed.  I was thinking about actively listening and comprehending.

The cleanest scenario I can think of is a quad-split video conference in
which all four participants are on screen simultaneously. They can be moving
about, gesturing, scratching, whatever without being overly disturbing.  But
if all four speak at once, it is impossible - in real time - to sort out
what they are all saying. With really good digital processing applied to an
excellent recording, you might be able to sort it out afterwards.

-d