that horrible BEEP

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Jan 21 21:11:25 EST 2008

<<On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:03:16 -0500, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> I'm pretty sure that the FCC (probably as part of its CDBS database)
> maintains complete records of station ownership and transfers of
> control--with dates.

Only as far back as those records exist in electronic form.  If it
wasn't current in 1981, when the FCC first moved most of its broadcast
records into a database, then it's not in CDBS now.

You can find current ownership information by searching for the
biennial ownership reports (fourth option on the CDBS main menu page
at <http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/cdbs_pa.htm>).

-GAWollman