WTRY

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Jan 20 16:25:02 EST 2008

They also owned 101.3 in New Haven and around 1981 or so moved the Top
40 format off WAVZ (13 "Waves") and on to the FM as "KC-101," which
still exists today.  I don't know if they were in any other markets
besides Albany and New Haven.

Believe it or not, New Haven is one of Clear Channel's original
markets.  IIRC, Kops-Monahan sold WAVZ and WKCI to Noble Broadcasting
in the mid 80's.  Noble was acquired by Jacor, which eventually morphed
into Clear Channel.  While many other stations were bought, sold and
swapped by CC over the years, WAVZ/WKCI have always been part of their
portfolio.