Is WCRB up for sale?

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Wed Jan 9 06:12:19 EST 2008

On 01/09/2008 01:24 AM, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

 > There are a number of US classical services on the net.  I sometimes
listen to them when I'm tired of WCRB.  WCRB is also on the net.

 > What's the URL for the UK's Classic FM service.  I assume this isn't
 > the same as BBC Radio 3, which I've already listened to.

Their site doesn't mention the BBC, so I assume this is independent.
"Classic FM" is on the web at http://www.classicfm.co.uk , and has
streaming audio options at
http://www.classicfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=421143&spid=13479

If your audio player accepts mmsh: URLs, you can try this one:
mmsh://mediasrv-the.musicradio.com/ClassicFM?MSWMExt=.asf

--RC