Getting your First Class ticket (was: Music Till Dawn on WEEI)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Feb 27 15:32:52 EST 2008

On 27 Feb 2008 at 9:52, Roger Kirk wrote:

>     A. I visited 1600 Custom House in summer of 1964 to get my Third
> Class license with Broadcast endorsement.  I had been promised a job
> at South Paris' premier broadcast facility - 1450 WKTQ-AM - IF I could
> get my license.  I was too young to drive (different license) and my
> mother (God rest her soul) actually braved Boston traffic for me.

I went there a few months earlier in 1964 during a college vacation
to get mine, because of my work at WMUA.  I stayed over with my
grandfather in Cleveland Circle and took the subway in.