Getting your First Class ticket (was: Music Till Dawn on WEEI)

kvahey@comcast.net kvahey@comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 11:06:23 EST 2008

Arnie is a very modest man.

One night I was in the Boston Press Club next to Channel 7. This would
be 1970 or so. Arnie never returned to the air after Mac beat him in
court and he was doing sales at RKO.

I mentioned to him it would be great to hear him again and his reply
was why...nobody would remember me.

Later that year WBZ had a weekend event where many old Boston jocks
from all stations returned. Arnie found out that people did remember
him.

He built KISS from nothing and then hit megabucks with channel 66. He
learned well from Mac Richmond and unlike Mac had a heart. I have
never heard a bad word spoken of him.