890

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 13:46:05 EST 2008

1. I wouldn't rely on David Scott being accurate when it comes to media
matters. He's a part of the blogosphere that believes in just tossing
stuff out and seeing where it sticks.

1a. 890/1400 supposedly has been for sale for months, even the past
couple years, if you believe the rumors. Nothing has materialized. Does
this mean the rumors are false? Of course not. What it does say,
though, is that J-Sports hasn't been that desperate to sell, if it is
trying to sell. If it were, the stations would be sold by now, since
one of the major groups would do a buy on the cheap.

2. I'd be surprised if the stations weren't breaking even. I'm guessing
that ESPN is paying for 890/1400 to clear programming in the Boston
market. Wasn't the lease payment on 1050 New York pretty generous to
the Jewish Forward folk?

3. Didn't Andleman back off his interest in 1510 because of the
transmitter lease?