Why I listen to satellite radio

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:33:28 EST 2008

Dan.Strassberg wrote:
> When done
> properly, which some stations managed--even smoothly integrating the
> satellite feed with their automation--the whole setup could easily
> fool anyone but a radio pro or a total radio geek like me.

It can certainly sound flawless.  Until the multi-car pile-up on Route
91.  I guess I am asking a bit too much when I suggest that a news
reporter (even serving a number of stations) be on duty to help make
sense of news when it happens.  Jock in a box if you want, but local
information is the one and only product that networks and birds are
incapable of selling.

Bill O'Neill