Music Till Dawn on WEEI

Doug Drown revdoug1@verizon.net
Mon Feb 25 10:12:46 EST 2008

> Obviously it was no accident that NY and Chicago were assigned adjacent
> clear channels. 660 670, 710 720, 770 780, 880 890  for example.

I had noticed that before, but I assumed it was something the networks had
arranged.  I gather it's also no accident that the original CBS, NBC, and
ABC television O&Os were given uniform channel allocations (CBS got 2 in NY,
LA and Chicago, NBC got 4, ABC got 7).  Westinghouse and GE also got
priority; WBZ-TV, Westinghouse's first TV O&O, got 4 and General Electric's
WRGB originally got 4 in Schenectady.  Both were, of course, NBC affiliates.

-Doug