Music Till Dawn on WEEI

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Feb 23 19:39:33 EST 2008

kvahey@comcast.net wrote:
> I forgot that CBS also owned KMOX AM TV in St Louis. In any event CBS
> did own WBAY in Green Bay for a few years. Once CBS lost the rights to
> carry Packers games they sold it.

Forgot to mention - the deal for the Green Bay station, which was not
WBAY but WFRV (and which also included satellite station WJMN-TV in
Escanaba, MI) didn't come along until after the ownership caps were
raised, either to 12/12/12 or 24/24/24. It wasn't so much that CBS
desperately wanted a Green Bay affiliate - it was that WFRV/WJMN came as
a package with WCCO in Minneapolis, which CBS did very much want to own.

CBS bought WFRV/WJMN in 1992 and sold it to Liberty Media in 2007.