Voice flubs

Robert Paine ka3zci@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 02:27:34 EST 2008

I heard a deliberate boner in '68 or '69 on WABC. At
the time the station used to reverb their audio like
Gangbusters. The station also signed off most Sunday
nights/Monday mornings for transmitter maintenance. On
this night the engineers ran the usual reference
tones, took the carrier on and off, and all the usual
stuff. I guess one of them was bored or something
because when the carrier was switched on the following
was heard up and down the Atlantic seaboard...."From
DEEP within the echo chambers of the Blue Network:
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!!!!!"  I can't imagine why
nothing like it was ever heard again on those
overnight transmitter maintenance thingies....

 Bob