WBZ's historical signal in VT

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Fri Feb 15 21:45:51 EST 2008

  Don A wrote:

>I have picked up WBZ here in Northern Vermont sometimes like a local at night.
>
>Other times it is simply not there.
>
>I know that some people in NH get the signal every night ...but in
>No.VT...I can't seem to get it reliably.  (I don't know about the
>Southern part of the state.)
>
>Has the signal been this spotty in Vermont for most of BZ's
>history?  Is it the mountainous terrain?

I grew up in central Vt. (1960s).  WBZ came in pretty good day and
night.  I'm in northern N.H. now...daytime reception is
iffy...sometimes it's ok, other times almost unlistenable.  No real
pattern to it.  At night it booms in.

I miss being able to listen regularly to them...there's not really
any source of news up this way.  My work vehicle has the deafest
radio ever made.