An Appreciation of Jess Cain

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Thu Feb 14 13:19:15 EST 2008

I sent an email to the Hall of Fame in Chicago.

Bruce

Famed Boston radio personality Jess Cain passed away this morning at
the age of 81.

It is a shame he was never inducted to your Hall of Fame while alive
though he was nominated. I would hope that now he can be fast tracked
to the place he deserves in your HOF. He was one of the best radio has
ever seen.

I quickly got a reply

I am sorry to hear the news of Jess Cain's passing.  He was a great
broadcaster and once was nominated as yuo know for induction into the
National Radio Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, he did not do well in the
national balloting. I will share your thoughts with the RHOF Steering
Committee.

Bruce DuMont
Chairman
National Radio Hall of Fame

Let's face it. Compared to other markets in the country Boston has
done a terrible job of putting our rich radio history on the web. This
is not a knock on the Boston Radio site that Scott and Garrett have so
loveably maintained.

For example look what Buffalo has done. We should be able to do as
much if not better.

http://www.buffalobroadcasters.com/

At least for starters let us try to lobby to get Jess into the Hall of
Fame in Chicago.