The future of AM radio

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Sat Feb 2 13:18:11 EST 2008

Actually, WREF Ridgefield (Danbury) CT is usually the culprit for me here in
Derry from about 1 hour before sunset until 30 minutes after, then once WREF
signs of, I'm good to go the rest of the night..

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry

PS: WFAN was booming like a local from Derry to Laconia this morning 7-8AM,
no fade outs....as I listened to Giants fans try to fabricate reasons that
NYG will beat the Pats!

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
kvahey@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 11:39 AM
To: David Tomm
Cc: Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: The future of AM radio

To the pattern gurus out there. I understand WEEI's pattern was
designed to protect KOA Denver but it was also designed in the 1940's
when the population west of Natick was sparse compared to now.
Couldn't it be tweaked so night coverage in northern Middlesex county
be improved? It is frustrating to hear Mike Adams fighting over the
mighty fulltime day signal from Pan Yam whatever in upstate NY

I doubt it could be improved west of Framingham because of Denver but
certainly it could be improved to the northwest unless I am missing
something.

I am also surprised that Entercom has kept the Needham land as real
estate in that areais now gold. I know they were looking at moving to
the WRKO site in Burlington but nothing has come of that.