The future of AM radio

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 10:33:37 EST 2008

Actually, the WEEI towers are in such close proximity to
Wellesley that their night signal is pretty good despite
the pattern. It's still not too bad in Natick. The WEEI
towers are on the southwestern edge of Needham, not far
from the Wellesley, Dover and Natick lines.

It does get flakey in Framingham, and I recall being in
a spot in Holliston where open terrain actually allowed
me to see the WEEI towers 10 miles away, but I must've
been right in the null because all I was getting was a
badly phase-distorted weak signal.

EP

OK I grew up in Holliston (family is still there) and live in Framingham. If I'm travelling between the two after dark I lose 850 around the Ashland/Southboro line. However 103.7 comes in just fine, until I hit Route 9 (near the Mass Pike) and get interference from WPKQ. Then I have to swtich back over to 850. I also lose 850 on the Mass Pike itself near the Route 30 exit at night.