Scary news about the analog TV phaseout!

Maureen Carney m_carney@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 14:12:58 EST 2008

Here's 2 additional down sides not mentioned:

1) If you have an older TV you won't have the plugs to connect the composit or component wires. There is an external connector, and that will run another $15-35 .

2) The digital box and the external connector both need to be plugged in. More $$$ in electricity and the pain of using an additional outlet (someone might trip on cords) or getting an outlet multiplier.

These are things most of us take for granted - having access to equipment, the money to buy it if we want it and the knowledge of how it goes together.

----- Original Message ----
From: Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2008 12:40:02 PM
Subject: Re: Scary news about the analog TV phaseout!

Well, it may sound hysterical, but there's a lot of truth to it.  I live in
a very rural area in one of the poorest counties of Maine.  A lot of our
senior citizens have only roof antennas, and some of them live on very
meager fixed incomes.  It's hard to argue with the assertion that buying a
converter box won't be a financial burden to them.  I don't know of any
program around here in which help will be offered.  -Doug