WRKO transmitter Re: Passing of Joe Kruger

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 03:59:28 EST 2008

Chris

I know in the early 70's that WRKO had a system that recorded
everything on the station in very long play vinal. These disks could
store 12-24 hours of programming. The transmitter was still manned
then and one of the few tasks the tech did was reload the recorder.

Any idea of what might have happened to them?
I would guess the quality was not to great but it would be something
if they still exist today.