Jim Boyd retires

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 11:15:12 EST 2008

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Jim Boyd announced he is retiring from WCVB at the end of the month.

> I believe he is the last on-air person at WCVB who was there when the
> station started in 1972.

   Jim Boyd has anchored in just about every daypart and reported in the
field since day one of WCVB, if I'm not mistaken. I wish him a happy and
healthy retirement.

  Is Frank Avruch still doing any work for WCVB? He was there on day one.
Until they stopped doing the hosted/voice over lottery drawings he would
occasionally appear on screen as the host or would occasionally voice the
off screen drawings.

Mark Watson