Land of the Lost

thomas heathwood heritageradio@msn.com
Sat Dec 20 02:55:03 EST 2008

The Land Of The Lost was heard on old-time radio starting on ABC Blue,  October 9, 1943 and completing their run  on July 3, 1948.
Isabel Manning Hewson was the narrator of the fantasy underwater children's series which  alledge to tell stories of herself as a child ,as played by Betty Jane Tyler.  Billy, Betty's brother was played by Ray Ives. who shared her adventures in "that wonderful kingdom at the bottom of the sea."
The children traveled to the magic place with the help of" The Red Lantern" a talking fish who glowed underwater and guided Betty and Billy
past the seaweed to The Land Of The Lost. Ms. Hewson addressed her listeners as "pollywogs" and reminded the of her motto, "Never say lost."
We didn't have any Land of The Lost Christmas programs, but you may like our holiday special feature on Heritage Radio Theatre at
www.VintageRadioPlace.com/broadcast<http://www.vintageradioplace.com/broadcast>  -- On the Olde Tyme Radio Network streaming 24/7 where others add their Christmas memories too.
-Tom Heathwood