Leno to 10 PM

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Dec 10 09:50:44 EST 2008

<<On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 23:01:33 -0600, "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@comcast.net> said:

> I thought it was 4 at the end but Garrett was just there and says 1. I
> have a tape where Carson walks out of his studio to the one next door
> and there was a big 3 on the studio barges into to disrupt a CPO
> Sharkey taping because Rickles had broken Johnny's ashtray.

And 3 is next door to 1.  See
<http://gallery.bostonradio.org/2008-11/la/>.  When I did the tour,
"Access Hollywood" was taping, so I didn't get to see whether the
audience seating was still there in studio 1.

2 and 4 are used alternately: they build sets in one while taping in
the other.  It was probably different thirty years ago.

> So where does Carson Daly tape?

I believe he's also in studio 3.  When I got out of the Tonight Show
taping, there was a page recruiting audience members for his show.  (I
guess there's not much demand to be in his audience.)

> 25 years ago they had one studio especially for game shows and just
> taped many episodes at once.

I don't think NBC is taping any game shows now -- at least not in
Burbank.  I think most of the game shows left in production on the
west coast are either at CBS Television City or at Sony Pictures
Studios.

-GAWollman