DTV issues

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Dec 7 21:40:55 EST 2008

>>Clearly, this would lead to lower-than-DTV-quality recordings, but if
you really wanted to view something that was broadcast at the same
time as you were watching something else, the approach would seem to
be better than nothing.<<

There is another alternative (swallowing hard): The cable companies are now offering a two-tuner DVR (watch with one, record with the other).  I'm guessing that involves a monthly rental charge.  Or, if you have the time and money, build a PC that can do that.  ATSC tuner cards are readily available.

>>Also, if you were using over-the-air signals,
would you have to have TWO antennas? Seems like it.<<

One with a splitter or amplifier ought to do the trick.