What will the Boston television frequencies be after February

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Sat Dec 6 23:00:22 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/6/2008 10:32:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

"WFAA's  analog is on channel 8. A hospital in Dallas was using channel 9,
then  vacant in the Dallas area, for low-powered medical telemetry
(heart-rate  monitors and such) - and when WFAA-DT fired up for the first
time on  channel 9, its signal blew the telemetry signals out of the  water"

I remember this incident well. I assisted my wife with an article  on this
and the preventative measures a hospital could take to prevent this  from
happening again. The article was entitled; "Warning: HDTV and telemetry on  a
collision course" in Nursing Management in 1998.  It blew Baylor  University Medical
Center out of the water and cost them $200,000 to fix the  problem. The
hospital and WFAA was fortunate that no one was injured during the  outage. Made a
whopping 75 bucks!

Mike Hemeon