DTV issues

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sat Dec 6 13:41:31 EST 2008

At 12:48 PM -0500 12/6/08, Mark Casey wrote:
>Most households have 1, 2 or 3 sets hooked to the cable or satellite and an
>equal number of sets that aren't hooked up. I'll bet most of those
>converters will go on to old sets located in places around the house that
>aren't connected to cable or satellite.
>
>But the point is well taken that a significant number of households, maybe
>10% or more will not ever hook to cable or satellite and will use the
>off-air signals.

Then there are people like my father who has Dish Network, but
without the local stations.  He still gets good reception on his
locals via an outside antenna.  That's on the main TV.  On the second
TV, in the basement, he only has rabbit ears, and gets rather lousy
reception.  I know he should just get an amplified splitter on the
outside antenna and run a line for the second TV, but he won't, he's
just too stubborn.  Note that he lives in Ballwin, MO, about 20 miles
west of St. Louis.   He also won't get locals on the Dish and a
second receiver either, which would make perfect sense, but he won't
spend the money.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH