DTV issues

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Sat Dec 6 09:55:41 EST 2008

On Dec 6, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Mark Casey wrote:

> probably, with cable and satellite in place, off air reception
> won't be
> a very big factor at all . We should see how it works out by next
> spring

As of September, according to the National Telecommunications and
Information Administration, 26 million converter coupons have been
requested and 10 million have been redeemed.  There are about 100
million households in the U.S.  I know there are a lot of variables:
how many people just want something for nothing, how many people
ignore reality until it smacks them in the face.  But any way you
look at it, this is a significant number.