Re3: This can't be true..but it would not shock me

A. Joseph Ross Joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Dec 4 15:43:12 EST 2008

On 4 Dec 2008 Donna Halper wrote:

> I am not being critical of Schilling's views-- although I do find him
> a bit of a blowhard.  I am saying that as a radio consultant, I can
> tell you that just because somebody is a celebrity, that doesn't mean
> they'll be a good talk show host-- it's an art.  Al Franken is a
> leftie and his talk show was generally awful.

I guess that's a matter of taste.  Al Franken was the one show on Air
America that I liked best.  Most of the others just shouted a lot.
They didn't sound any better than the right wing guys.  Franken had a
lot of real facts and guests who knew what they were talking about.
He even had some conservatives on who disagreed with him.  And he
used his comic skills to do some humorous bits.

Same reason I like Rachel Maddow better than Keith Olberman on MSNBC.

Or at least that's the way I saw it.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                   617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700            Fax: 617.507.7856